Monday, September 13, 2010

LATIHAN AMALI FOTOGRAFI : SCOTT KELBY'S BOOKS

Recently, I bought Scott Kelby's Digital Photography Volume 1, 2 ,3 from Amazon as additional reference material on how to improve my amateurish photo taking skills.

Scott Kelby tells it how it is. Forget all the technical jargon and those mind boggling photography terms. In this book he explained in a clear tone how to take a picture as if you are his shooting partner. Let say you are wondering how to capture those magical sunrise moments, Scott Kelby will tell you what aperture to use, how to set your tripod, what to expect and avoid, etc, without referring to the technical terms and the `why'. Its very practical and easy to follow. He also mentioned in this book, that hopefully once the readers know how to produce great pictures, they will be inspired to learn the more in depth aspect of photography. And he wrote it with humour too to keep this boleh bagi tidurnyer subject interesting.

I practiced with those tips in the books and the pics turns out much better than before. Take it from me, I have been doing this for quite a number of years and had accumulated a lot of reference books in my library shelves but I never come across a very good how to book like this one. Believe me, once you read a book about the fine points of photography, you are bound to counter the same materials again and again from other books as well.

I would go as far as to suggest that if there is ever one book you should read about photography, this is the one.

And no, Scott Kelby did not pay me money for writing this piece about his books. Not one single cent.

Happy shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment